Transurban is currently in negotiations with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to extend the 95 Express Lanes along 395 approximately 8 miles from Edsall Road to the 14th Street Bridge. This project will require the procurement of a design-build contractor for the following scope:
- Reconfiguration and reconstruction of the two existing HOV lanes to three HOT lanes between Turkeycock Run (current terminus of the 95 Express Lanes) and the vicinity of Eads Street interchange, including traffic control, pavement modifications, signing, pavement markings and lighting;
- Construction of modified entry and exit connections to the HOT lanes at Eads Street;
- Installation of a comprehensive Traffic Management System (TMS), including lane use management signals, variable speed limit signs, dynamic message signs, microwave vehicle detectors, closed circuit television cameras, automated incident detectors and supporting infrastructure (e.g., fiber optic communications network, power, controllers, cabinets, etc.); and
- Installation of an electronic toll collection system (Tolling System), including gantries and tolling equipment, and supporting infrastructure (e.g., fiber optic communications network, power, controllers, cabinets, etc.).
Transurban is hosting an Industry Outreach meeting on March 23, 2016. If your company is interested in attending, please complete the 395 Express Lanes Industry Registration Form.
Procurement Timeline (subject to change):
- Industry Outreach – March 2016
- RFQ – May 2016
- RFP – July 2016
- Contractor Selection – December 2016
For questions about the 395 Express Lanes design-build procurement, please contact Sean Mallipudi at 571-527-8395 or firstname.lastname@example.org.